Portrait with personality
Custom print (A4)
- Custom print of a portrait with personality traits, funny tidbits, preferences. Its content is based on the stories you tell me on our call. There is no need to have a specific content in mind, but you are welcome to share ideas (see more of the process below).
- Original drawing, done digitally by hand and printed on A4, 250 g thick paper.
- Shipped in a hardback envelope with tracking, hand written note possible upon request.
Requirements: 30 min content call, a couple of photos of the person for whom the print is for.
- After you place an order, you will receive an email in which I will ask you to book a slot for our call and to share a couple of photos of the person for whom the print is for. If you'd like you can already look at my availability and book a slot here!
- We will have a 30 min video call over Zoom (or Skype, if requested), in which I will ask you questions about the person on which the print is based on. There is no need to have a specific content in mind, but you are free to share your ideas if you would like to. I promise I'm friendly and people say it's fun 😉
- After our call I will require a couple of days to do the artwork, after which you will receive the digital file for one round of corrections.
- After your confirmation, I will implement the corrections and ship the artwork to you or the recipient of the gift. You will also receive the digital file and your tracking number.
I loved the illustration Sara did for me. And what surprised me the most was how she was able to incorporate everything I told her, all the small things, into a coherent picture! I thought it would be hard to put everything together, especially because I didn't have an idea of what I wanted to do. She drew something for my best friend, and it really felt like she knew him and I in the end.
I loved how sharing stories of our relationship to Sara helped me remember the good times my friend and I had experienced through the years. I was amazed at how the different, seemingly random stories and trivia I told Sara turned into something so beautiful that I’d never think up on my own. My friend loved her gift; she said looking at it every morning makes her smile.